Friday, March 27, 2015

Bird Seed (Granola)

I was looking for something different to my usual breakfast which is a smoothie everyday, It had to be substantial and tasty and beneficial to my health also, I thought about something that has many uses, Granola! Off I went to compile a recipe to cater to my personal taste that I can eat as a cereal or scatter over soy yoghurt or even as a trail mix. Here it is, and I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.This one isn't one of my budget buster recipes, but we should splurge from time to time.

Ingredients (dry)
3 cups Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Slivered Almonds
1/2 cup Chopped Macadamias 
1 cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Chopped Apricots (dried)
1/2 cup Cranberries (dried)
1/2 cup Blueberries (dried)
1/3 cup Sultanas
1 cup Pepitas (punkin kernels)
3/4 cup Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp All Spice

Ingredients (wet) 
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Apple Juice
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Instructions
In a large bowl, Combine the dry ingredients and mix well, In a separate bowl stir all the wet ingredients together well till the sugar mostly dissolves and pour over the dry ingredients and stir though till everything is coated well, It shouldn't be to wet just enough to coat everything.
On a baking sheet add some baking paper and scatter an even coat of mix to cover the tray bottom and bake on 150C or 302F or gas mark 2 and slowly bake till golden brown giving it a mix every 10-15mins to evenly color, cool on a tray before storing. *This makes A lot! Enjoy!  =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment