Monday, March 23, 2015

Vegan Ricotta Cheese

I was looking  for some inspirations and saw a cooking show where they made Ricotta Cheese with dairy milk, I thought to myself I shall try this and see if ill get the curds with soy :D....  I did! Here it is and tastes great, Its great in cooking also.


Ingredients
500ltrs Soy milk
1 small juicy lemon (squeezed)
2 tsp salt flakes
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)

Instructions 
In a sauce pan add the milk and bring slowly to a boil stirring constantly, turn it down when it start to bubble and add the lemon juice.
Don't panic! it starts to curdle add the salt and onion powder and keep stirring, Have a cheese cloth bag or fresh new dish cloth handy so that it can strain the liquid from the curds, keeping it in the cloth pop it in a strainer and leave it 30 mins to drain, After 30mins fold the edges up and squeeze gently but firmly even more liquid out of the curds till its dry enough to crumble, I used a ramekin to store it till chilled and it was good to go, can be eaten fresh and hot used in cakes, muffins, salads and pasta where ever it requires ricotta cheese.  Enjoy!  =)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment