Sunday, March 1, 2015

Spicy Vegan Apple And Tomato Chutney

I'm one of those people, that love sauces, pickles and chutney's, And since having a vegetable patch I've been inspired to make a lot of different things with my harvests. This was my first attempt at making chutney after I spent a while researching what the basis to a chutney is, I love it on everything!                    Makes approx 3ltrs just over 2 pints

Ingredients
2 Large Onions (diced roughly)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 kg or 2.2 pounds Tomatoes (chopped roughly)
about 8 Granny Smith apples or any other kind (into small chunks)
1 cup Sultanas 
300gms Jam Setting Sugar or demerara is fine too
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp All Spice
2 tsp Mustard Powder or Seeds
1-2 tsp Dry Chili Flakes
1 tsp Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions
In a slow cooker or pot, Add all the ingredients, I used a slow cooker for mine and had it on high for 4hrs.
If you use a pot on the stove have it at a continuous simmer but not boiling. Enjoy!!  =)  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment