Saturday, March 28, 2015

Trio Of Vegan Sides

Ive had a few people ask me for some ideas for vegetable sides, So I made three in one go, We had a sale at our local supermarket the other day and some of the produce was fill a bag to the rim for $3 so I grabbed a bunch of four colored tomatoes and some asparagus, So I made some of the sides I love.

My favorite vegetable is potato, There isn't a way I don't like them but roasting has to the best way.
Instructions Potatoes
Have your oven on 180C, 350F, gas 4, cover the bottom of a baking tray with oil of choice and pop it in the oven for 10 mins to heat up, I used peeled Organic Dutch Creams... in a pot I boiled them till completely cooked and drained them now add the to the hot oil and brush them all over put them in to the oven for 1hr and 15mins or till golden brown, They come out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.


I always loved can asparagus but there's no substitute for fresh grilled.
Instructions Asparagus
The base of the asparagus is woody so either break it off or chop it, I used my George foreman grill or if you have a grill or BBQ even better, Brush the grill with a little oil and pop them on cook till tender and you see grill marks.


Tomatoes are my favorite fruit and they go so well with basil and garlic.
Instructions Tomato salad
Halve the tomatoes put in a bowl, I used a lot of basil because I love it I just sliced it finely, I added it to the tomatoes with some oregano and 2 small cloves of garlic and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, gave it a gentle mix let it sit for a few mins to take on the flavors and served.



No comments:

Post a Comment